After a tactical training of 150 days straight in a row, it is time to draw some conclusions. The most obvious: Mr. Glicko sniffs at me.
Yet not everything is doom and gloom.
- We can communicate with system 1 (unconscious brain) via squares, arrows and colors
- There is a difference between new patterns an familiar patterns
- system 1 works its miracles when we encounter a new pattern. It leads to the euphoric feeling that everything works.
- I struggle with familiar patterns, though
- Familiar patterns seems to interfere with each other. When one pattern draws the attention, the other relevant patterns seem to drown in the noise.
- Feedback is the nec plus ultra method to educate system 1
- Autopilot is the enemy of feedback
- During training, the role of system 2 must be minimized
- During feedback, the role of attention must be maximized
- Seeing surpasses thinking
- The PoP's of the PoPLoAFun method are differentiated as LPDO, BAD piece and attacking square
- the PoPLoAFun method is expanded with the additional punch
- Where there is Fun, there are chances to exploit
- I must learn to see the actions of the pieces in stead of being mesmerized by the pieces themselves