Sunday, April 30, 2006

I'll be back.

I haven't played chess nor studied in a while.
The last 26 months I learned to sing 3164 new notes.
3 of them I sing false.
Margriet keeps haunting me untill I get those 3 notes right too.
Thursday we have a very important appearance. It is remembrance day for the dead of WWII.
It's a ceremony with the mayor of our city and a lot of VIPs.
We are very proud that our choir has been chosen for the ceremony.
BUT I have to learn to sing those notes according the idea's of the composer in stead of my own fancyful interpretation. . .
Further it is time again to throw another bone to my boss to keep him happy.
And my term of being a treasurer at our chessclub will end soon so I have a lot of work to do before I can hand the task over.
Another problem is that my English dictionary has fallen on the floor. Since it is from 1959 it is out of order now.
So I don't think there will be much time for chess the coming time.
But I'll be back. . .

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're leaving but its good to know you'll be back.
    Good luck in the choir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have been performing a 7 circle of musical notes. Good luck ! I look forward to the occasional post on music, chess or whatever.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really great that the two of you share in each other's passions. First Margriet joined you in the circles and now you are doing the singing. I wish my girlfriend would do that. I still haven't gotten her to play me a game. I would even join her singing class if she agreed to play me.

    PS

    ReplyDelete