Saturday, November 18, 2006

Sitting between two chairs.

This evening I tried to ape the style of Capablanca in the opening.
It's evident I'm not used to that since after the opening my pawn structure was heavily compromised. I started an attack, but since I hadn't sacced my usual pawns, those nasty little things stood in the way. At move 30 I missed a tactic to win a pawn. Despite my drills I'm still having trouble with knight forks.
In the end when we were both in time trouble I missed the draw. It's evident that I lack endgame experience too. Alas I wasn't able to reconstruct the last 5 minutes since the caretaker wanted to close the building.
You can find the game here.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Tempo, why does Rxa RxR NxR lose the knight? (NxN?? RxR; KxN RxR) Could this pawn not be taken either way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouse,
    due to
    30. ... Rxa3 31.Rxa3 Nxa3 32.c4 Kf7 33.Kc3 Ke6 34.Kb3 Nxc4 35.Kxc4
    The black knight is in prison after c4 and the white king can fetch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops always these silent moves that I overlook!

    ReplyDelete