The problems I faced by then are the same as the problems I face today. From a certain cynical point of few it looks as if I'm just running around in circles. But I'm not quite the same now as I was then. So I see it as a spiral in stead of a circle. The fact that I'm at the same point as 10 months ago means that this is a very import point.
I read my old posts from the past 10 months. Boy, can I rant!
A summary of what I accomplished in that period:
- Adoption of a positional style of play.
- Definition of the mother of all positional play: piece activity!
- Experiments with positional openings and cc.
- Timetrouble solved for 80%.
- Adoption of the GPA with considerable succes.
The problem is the phase of trial and error, the clueless state, looking for the remaining essential idea's I missed. When your unconscious chessmodule doesn't release those missing essential idea's how do you trigger that release? Because the patterns are already there. When you find them, the idea's are always welknown. But trial and error is an extreme slow method to find those idea's.