Thursday, June 07, 2007

More seeds



















If you use 4 hours per problem, it almost approaches meditation.
The seeds of tactical destruction as Dan Heisman calls it are already well incorporated in my thoughtprocess. That is to say, I can't avoid to look at these issues in a position.
I'm pondering about more seeds of destruction for more complex positions. So far I have found two new seeds:
Squares where piece activity converges.
Overworked pieces that defend those focal points.
More on this after more meditation.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Zen Master!

    I'm on my eleventh circle and instead of rapid rote memorization of the CT-ART problems, I too am on a quest to recognize "the seeds" I found my results for the last two circles were flat. However, I am recognizing and "reading" teh positions much better. I am forcing myslef to say things like " Oh, that's a deflection technique"

    ReplyDelete