- knight sacrifice in order to lure the king in an ambush
- pawnfork at the same time opening up the diagonal
- counterattack by the opponent
- setting up an ambush
- discovered attack
- trade of rooks
- exchange sacrifice
- trade of bishop decoying the king
- double attack winning a rook
So you sac a knight, 9 tactical motifs and 20 ply further you regain your material with interest. Every tactical motif has to be checked for all alternatives. A grandmaster can do this, otherwise he hadn't sac'd the knight in the first place. I try to imagine what is necessary for me to learn to do the same.
Black to move and win.