Thursday, January 21, 2010

Corus














.
.
.
Allthough the grandmasters are already busy for about a week, we start only tomorrow with the 9 rounds-event at Corus. I don't know whether it will be called the Corus tournament next year still. Maybe it's the Tata Europe tournament by then:)

What do I expect? I will try to implement my new understanding of My System. Alas I'm only halfway, so I don't expect it to bear fruit right away. My positional thinking is obviously still in its infancy, but it is developing rapidly. That means that I don't expect rating growth, but I do expect to learn alot. I have been on a losing streak lately, so I expect that rating greed will not stand in the way of my research. As usually is the case when I'm doing better. I do expect to make a quantum leap forward anyway, the next two years.

Due to illnes I couldn't prepair my new opening as well as I wanted, but I'm going to give it a shot anyhow. If I'm going to score 50%, I will be quite satisfied. Wish us luck.

2 comments: