Sunday, December 30, 2018

Mini skills

I'm investigating all problems I published the past two years. The advantage of that is, that a lot of work has already been done by system II. I identified the following mini skills lacking or not working at full potential:

  • recognition of the targets of a duplo attack
  • recognition of the attackers in a discovered attack or simultaneous attack
  • recognition of a B.A.D. piece
  • recognition of an additional punch

I estimate that a deeper scrutiny of these positions will unearth about 10 mini skills in total that devour our precious time because they are not fully automated.

Besides that, a few new patterns will be found. Mainly related to tempo usage. For instance the "shoot out" position where two pieces stand opposite each other. Who will shoot first?

I'm going to train these mini skills separately. I will use the problems of Chess Tempo in blitz mode  to train them.

Mini skills

No comments:

Post a Comment