Sunday, October 02, 2022

Crossing wildlife

 




Rules are the language of system 2.
Symbols are the language of system 1.

The sign above shows a deer crossing the road. The deer stands symbol for "any wildlife". It means that you can expect mooses or swines too. The symbol is a summarization of all wildlife. All wildlife is the generalization of the deer.

For tactics, we need a database with symbols. A position can act as a symbol. The position is a summarization of all positions with similar tactics. What we must learn to do during study time, is to summarize the combination into a single symbol. Having faith that system 1 is perfectly capable to recognize similar positions "in the wild". Thus generalizing a single instance into "all similar combinations".

In fact, you can expect anything to cross the road.





3 comments:












  1. This is why I have moved my training to the 900 25 square positions found in Blokhs book and CT-art .
    The essence of the position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a journey. I am getting closer to where I was during the Knights
    I feel I see more and playing but many miles to go.....

    ReplyDelete