PGN viewer test 02

 

[White "Yifan"] [Black "Humpy"] [SetUp "1"] [FEN "3b4/5k2/1pp1p1p1/p1p1P2p/P1P2PP1/1P5K/5B1P/8 b - - 0 35"] [Termination "unterminated"] [PlyCount "42"] [WhiteType "human"] [BlackType "human"] 35. ... Bc7 36. Bh4 hxg4+ 37. Kxg4 Kg7 38. Bf6+ Kf7 39. Kg5 {Both the king and the bishop cannot move.} b5 {The only option for black is to try this} 40. Kh6 bxa4 41. bxa4 Bb6 42. h4 Bc7 43. Kh7 Bb6 44. Be7 {Luring the black King away} Kxe7 45. Kxg6 Kf8 46. h5 Kg8 47. Kf6 {Attack on two fronts} Bd8+ 48. Kxe6 Kg7 49. Kd7 Bh4 50. e6 Kf8 51. h6 {Change of front again} Bf6 52. f5 Bg5 53. h7 Kg7 54. e7 {Change of front again} Bxe7 55. Kxe7 Kxh7 56. f6 {And black resigns} *

Comments

  1. The PGN Viewer seems to be working fine. I use the Microsoft Edge browser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking for myself, these last few blog posts have been very enlightening. Initially, it was difficult to “SEE” the strategic direction of the game. After several days of investigating GM Stockfish’s concrete recommended variations (maintaining the balance), as well as carefully thinking about the explanatory power of creating a logical narrative, the general strategic direction became much clearer—and also is useful for future explorations in similar positions without “obvious” tactical tension.

    GM Stockfish is easiest to follow when a concrete tactical sequence is proposed. It is much more difficult to “understand” (in human terms) what is going on strategically. My System gives the underlying strategic ideas in simplified clear-cut positions, but there is a huge intellectual distance between his examples of those “rules” and the kinds of positions created in current day chess praxis.

    Hartelijk dank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      For me it is very enlightening too. It raises the question, what if I had studied this 24 years earlier? Then I probably wasn't able to do this. The past 24 years were needed in order to be able to discriminate between the wheat and the chaff. I'm no longer disturbed by all the different ideas and views of grandmasters an former world champions. In the end you need to be able to think for yourself.

      Furthermore, now my tactical prowess is slowly increasing day by day, the confidence grows that I can play in accordance with my ideas (no matter whether these ideas are correct or need more feedback). I remember my attempts long ago where I tried to get a bishop pair at all costs and then was forced to hand it over a few moves later because I wasn't strong enough tactically.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Chessbase PGN viewer