The pruning mechanism II. Interfering with the LoA.
Interfering with the LoA (line of attack)
| White to move |
3r2k1/p3pp1p/1p4pB/4q3/2n1Q3/7P/PPR2PP1/6K1 w - - 0 23
- Blue arrows: ways white's queen interferes with the LoA.
- Green arrows: ways white's rook can interfere with the LoA
Creating an escape route
| White to move |
- interfering with the LoA e5-h2
- opening a vent with f3
Of all these options that prevent the mate in 1 of the white king, only one move stands out: Rd2 because it does two things:
- it prevents the mate
- it threatens mate
Is it a requirement of the training room (but not the playing hall) to consider all possible variations of threats at every step in the logical sequence? This seems to favor of a rational choice approach (consideration of all possible options, evaluating each option against all other options based on specific criteria, and then choosing the option with the highest score) over the recognition-primed decision making (“variation processing”) approach which uses a more intuitive basis for moving forward through the logical sequence.
ReplyDeleteI'm my own coach. Before I can decide what to study in the study room, I must investigate the material. I predicted a word salad, and I was right. Be prepared for more salad to come before I can begin to try simplifying and make it workable.
DeleteI cannot predict beforehand whether I will succeed. The position is infinite more clear now. Which is not so weird when the other possibility is to be confused ;)
DeleteI have seen some old club archives lately. I became a member 2 years earlier than I thought (in 1996, Margriet in 1997). From 1998 to 2026 I mainly spent at inventing my own method and becoming my own coach. From my point of view I entered the study room in May 2026, after formulating the Trick theoretically. Currently, I'm experimenting with the Trick to make it practical. I'm discovering areas to apply the Trick to. The actual holes in my bucket.
ReplyDeleteInsight in the mechanisms is the first goal.
ReplyDelete